Frequently Asked Questions
Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Check-In and Check-out Time
Check-in is available from 2 PM. Reception though is open 24 hours and if you arrive at the hotel earlier and the room is not ready yet, you can leave your luggage with us, we’ll keep them safe till you come back.
In case of early or late check-ins we ask our guests to notify this at the moment of the reservation. Our hotel offers a late check-out service up to 12 AM. If you need to leave your luggage with us after check-out time, no problem. We’ll keep them safe till your final departure
Price are per person or per room?
Tariffs and prices on our website are meant per room, per night. The room rate does not include the tourism tax of the city of Florence which costs 3.50 euro per person per day. Children up to 12 years old do not pay this tax. Such tax has to be paid for a maximum of 7 days even if you stay longer.
Do I need to leave a deposit when I book?
At the moment of the reservation some guarantee must be provided for the booking. You can send us your credit card details to guarantee your booking, a preauthorization for the cost of the first night will be made on your card to verify its’ validity.
This is not a charge. If you prefer you can make a prepayment of your stay by bank transfer as well. Payment is usually made upon arrival or departure in the hotel.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept all major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express
I don’t have a credit card, how do I secure my reservation?
It is possible to make a Bank Transfer for the total amount of the stay at the following bank coordinates:
Beneficiary: Duomo S.r.l.
IBAN: IT97 Y061 6002 8391 0000 0002771
Can I use an internet connection?
Of course, free WI-FI connection is available throughout the building and if needed all rooms have dedicated LAN plug if you need to use a direct cable connection to the internet. The password is available at the front desk.
Is there a deposit for my Luggage?
Yes, we can hold your bags for all the necessary time, before check-in time, if you check-in early and your room is not ready yet, or after check-out, if you have a late departure and you don’t want to go around the city with your bags.
What time do I have to enter the hotel in the evening?
You can come back in the hotel at any time, we have 24 hours reception. When exiting the hotel, we kindly ask you to always drop the key by the reception in order to avoid losing it. For our guests’ safety we close the main gate at the entrance of the hotel after 10 PM, but by ringing the bell and saying your name, we will immediately open and let you in.
Where can I park my car?
You can park your car at Garage Michelangelo, a private garage we have an agreement with. They always have place for our guests so there is no need to book and the special price is 25 € per 24 hours effective (excluding minivans, sports cars and minibuses).
The garage is situated just 150 meters from the hotel at Via Ricasoli 28.
On request, free delivery service by the hotel’s entrance is provided (to be requested at least an hour before your intended departure).
If I arrive in Florence by train, how do I get to the hotel?
You can find all info on how to reach us at the "Where we are
If I arrive in Florence by car, how do I get to the hotel?
You can find all info on how to reach us at the "Where we are
What is included in the room rate?
Stay, breakfast if chosen as an included service, linen, individual towel set, hairdryer, courtesy set with natural Olive Oil soap, air conditioning / heating, free WI-FI.
Can I bring my pet with me?
We are sorry but, though we love nature and animals, for safety reasons it is not possible to host animals in the hotel.
However there might be special exceptions, which is why we kindly ask you to contact us in advance in case you have a pet with you.
Can I smoke in the room?
We are sorry but our rooms are all non-smoking like the rest of the hotel.
For smokers we provide our fantastic balcony with the amazing view.
My child is 3 years old, does he/she pay?
Children under 3 years old stay for free in a baby crib / cot, through previous confirmation from the reception. Baby crib / cot subject to availability.
How Do I cancel my reservation?
CANCELLATION POLICY, TERMS and CONDITIONS (INDIVIDUALS):
► All prices are meant per room, per night. The city of Florence tourism tax of 4.00 euro per person per day is not included in the room rate and must be paid in cash along with the payment of the bill of your stay.
► Your credit card details are requested as a guarantee for your reservation.
► Total payment is made upon CHECK-IN, unless you choose a room which has to be prepaid (non-refundable rates).
► THE HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ASK ON THE CREDIT CARD USED FOR THE BOOKING, A PRE-AUTHORIZATION VARYING FROM THE COST OF THE FIRST NIGHT TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF YOUR RESERVATION, ANY TIME PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL.
Cancellation Policy and Modifications:
• Cancellations and/or modifications must be made exclusively online https://goo.gl/kGTSCi , by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at +39 055 216 410. No cancellations are accepted by phone.
• For cancellations and/or modifications made up to 8 days (up to 12 PM Italian time) prior to the scheduled arrival, no costs will be charged as a penalty (free cancellation).
• If the cancellation and/or modification is made between 7 and 3 days (up to 12 PM Italian time) prior to the scheduled arrival date, 50% of the total cost of the stay will be charged as a penalty.
• In case of cancellations and/or modifications starting from 3 days prior to the scheduled arrival and less (up to 12 PM Italian time) or in case of an earlier departure and no-show, the total cost of the stay will be charged.
• For reservations having a stay of 6 or more nights and/or for reservations of 3 or more rooms, cancellations and/or modifications must be made at least 14 days (up to 12 PM Italian time) prior to the scheduled arrival to not incur in any fees.
• If the cancellation and/or modification of reservations having a 6 or more nights' stay or reservations for 3 or more rooms is made between 13 and 4 days (up to 12 PM Italian time ) prior to the scheduled arrival, 50% of the total cost is charged as a penalty.
• If the cancellation and/or modification of reservations having a 6 or more nights' stay or reservations for 3 or more rooms is made from the 3d day and less (up to 12 PM Italian time) prior to the scheduled arrival or in case of no-show or earlier than expected departure, the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
• DEPARTURE EARLIER, CANCELLATIONS OR MODIFICATIONS DURING YOUR STAY IN THE HOTEL ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
CANCELLATION POLICY, TERMS and CONDITIONS (GROUPS):
• 50% of the total amount is required at the moment of the reservation’s confirmation.
• 50% remaining is required two months before the scheduled arrival.
• Free cancellation is possible up to 60 days prior to arrival.
• For cancellations made between 59 and 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be kept as penalty.
• For cancellations made 29 days prior to the scheduled arrival or less and in case of no show, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be kept as penalty.